NOTICEOF THE BOARD OF REVIEW AND OPEN BOOK FOR THE
TOWN OF BONE LAKE,COUNTY OF POLK
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to s.70.45, Wis. Stats., the assessment roll for the 2021 assessment year will beopen for examination starting June 15, 2021. Due to COVID-19, OPEN BOOK sessionswill be conducted by phone. If you would like to set up a phone appointment,please contact Bowmar Appraisal, Inc. at (715)835-1141 during regular businesshours (M-F, 8:30-4:30) no later than 3 days prior to the Board of Review. The2021 assessment roll, instructional information, and objection forms will bemade available. These documents will assist with scheduling a hearing beforethe Board of Review. Keep in mind that objection forms must be filed with theclerk of the Board of Review at least 48 hours before the Board of Review isconducted unless the Board of Review chooses to waive this requirement.
NOTICEIS FURTHER GIVENthat the BOARD OF REVIEW for the TOWN of BONE LAKE of POLK County shallbe held on JUNE 29, 2021, from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m. at the BONE LAKECHURCH. Please be advisedof the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review andprocedural requirements if appearing before the Board:
1. Noperson shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to theBoard by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real orpersonal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request bycertified mail of the Assessor to view such property.
2. Afterthe first meeting of the Board of Review and before the Board’s finaladjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Reviewmay contact, or provide information to, a member of the Board about theperson’s objection except at a session of the Board.
3. Noperson may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephoneor contest the amount of assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the firstmeeting of the Board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if theobjection is allowed because the person has been granted a waiver of the 48hour notice of an intent to file a written objection by appearing before theBoard during the first two hours of the meeting and showing good cause forfailure to meet the 48 hour notice requirement and files a written objection,that the person provides to the Clerk of the Board of Review notice as towhether the person will ask for removal of any Board members and, if so, whichmember will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length oftime that the hearing will take.
4. Whenappearing before the Board, the person shall specify, in writing, the person’sestimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subjectof the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used toarrive at that estimate.
5. TheBoard shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons whopresent to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon or osteopath thatconfirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify bytelephone.
6. Anyonewishing to file an objection must contact the Town Clerk to complete and submitthe required objection form supplied by the Town, prior to appearing before theBoard of Review.
This Notice ishereby posted at the following locations in the TOWN on the 5th day of JUNE,2021:
1. TownWebsite: townofbonelake.org
2. PostingBoard at 954 280th Avenue, Frederic, WI
3. PostingBoard at 1101 255th Avenue, Luck, WI
4. PostingBoard at Ward Lake Boat Landing